Sunday, August 13, 2006

So I bought this Eastman 2D 5x7 on eBay. I got a super good price in on it but once you factor in the new bellows it needs the price is just ok. The cool thing is it's a lot more ridgid than my Century 5x7 and it also has the extra track to extend the bellows all the way. Now I can do close ups as well. It came with a better than average lens as well as a Packard shutter that needs a little tlc.



I really love shooting with my Diana camera and it's sister clone Pioneer. There's just something special about those crappy plastic pieces of crap that I find adorable. Dreamy out of focus areas with a mysterious sweet spot that sometimes works out to give you a pretty decent image. I also think that it's a great change of gears from the very deliberate and time consuming large format I usually use. They each have their place and seem to compliment each other in a strange sort of way. If I ever get an enlarger I may post some images. For now I'll just make little drawings...




This is for Duane and Duane alone. He finds BirdBaby very creepy and I just can't figure out why. C'mon Duane! He's a fat little cherub with a cute birds head. What's not to love?

So now he has a snakes body and you probably aren't as creeped out. I don't understand you Duane. Not at all.
Title from a Rilo Kiley song. I really like those kids.

Sometimes I sketch while waiting for trains...


This is not the ONLY things I love. Just some of them. So don't go thinking I don't love my wife/kids/mother. In case you're wondering the things I hate are thistle and litter. Again, not exclusive which is obvious because George Bush isn't down there.

Really it comes down to one or the other doesn't it...

No comments: