Sunday, August 17, 2008

ManWorld

Before we really get into the plans for ManWorld I wanted to show what happens when you make more paintings than you sell. They start getting hung in odd places. Like the laundry room. Thanks Candace.

Manworld is going to be mainly the darkroom. The darkroom needs a sink so I'm building one. It's been fun designing my first darkoom sink and I decided to size it so I have lots of room to grow. It will be 12' long and will be able to handle 24" trays. I thought I'd like to do some larger prints like maybe 16"x20" and got kind of carried away.


This shows the 2x lumber I used to make the frame and legs.


Here are the sink parts (bottom and sides) plus Hadley and my commuter bike.


ManWorld is in the basement as it should be.


Once you get to the bottom of the stairs you could look to your right and see our food storage. This will eventually be where the tv ends up.


This is where you go if you turn left from the stairs. This area will be where the sink will go and will eventually be framed in and light tight.


The little ladder you see in the picture above this one goes to a crawl space/storage area. If anyone asks us to keep your crap (just temporarily of course) for you, it will end up here. I'll just toss it in and you can come get it out. Do you like spiders? Before this flash photo was taken this space had never been exposed to so much light.


Behind the wall of the "food storage" room is this area. The workbench came with the house. I think it will be great place for a bigger workbench and maybe a place to paint.


If you wanted to go directly to the backyard you could use the bilco doors.


There's a few spiders in here too I think.

1 comment:

Laura said...

why can't the typical WomanWorld be as cool as ManWorld? i am so jealous.